Yogi Berra? Apocryphal?
Dear Quote Investigator: Thanks for working to help clear up so many incorrect quotations and attributions. I have a question about a quote that might be suitable as the motto of your website. Yogi Berra supposedly said one of the following Yogi-isms:
1. I really didn’t say everything I said.
2. I didn’t say everything I said.
3. I never said half the things I said.
4. Half the things I said, I never said them.
5. I never said most of the things I said.
Did Yogi say one of these statements?
Quote Investigator: In February 1986, there is good evidence that Yogi Berra did say the first statement above as recorded in a Long Island, New York, newspaper.